Thursday, January 10, 2013

Lewy Body Disease is back on the agenda

This morning I read a post from my dear friend Norrms in the UK. Norrms  has EOLBD and is a campainger of note. He suffers from the worst aspect of night terrors and halluncinations but never gives up.  He has been my inspiration and my hero as he has helped me under stand  what Dad is going through.

Then dear Don from the USA  posted about his beloved Marie who has LBD  and she is sleeping a lot and non responsive  Yet another side of LBD

The LBDA of the USA has set up a pintrest board and posted some great stuff  including a 12 page intro booklet.  I have posted a lot of that on our support page this morning.  I am so lucky that Dad's meds keep much of this in check and it seems as if the Parkinson's syndrome is the worst at the moment except for the memory loss for Dad.  The days are rollercoasters and because of my mothers behaviour  so emotionally draining.  She still does not accept the disease and its ramififcations perhaps it is her way of dealing with things.  I just become so exhausted dealing with her and her mood swings and her anorexia on top of everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment